The Verona Volunteer Fire Department is actively recruiting individuals who wish to serve the Verona Fire District #3 and surrounding areas in the capacity of firefighters and/or Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs). Men and women ages 18 and older that are in good physical condition and have the desire to participate in fire and/or emergency medical activities are eligible for membership. There are different levels in the operational membership class. These are determined by certifications obtained through various training programs. Those persons who do not have the desire to participate in emergency activities, or who do not meet the physical requirements for active membership are encouraged to enter the department as an Associate Member. These members contribute in the areas of fundraising, public relations, public education, and administrative assistance. Basic Requirements So, do you think you meet the minimum requirements to become a volunteer? Our guess is that you may be surprised. Here are the minimum requirements to become a volunteer with the Verona Fire Department:
• Minimum age of 18 years
• Complete application which includes a background investigation
• Complete basic training requirements, which includes an overview of Verona Fire Departments SOG’s and By-Laws, OSHA training, and other training requirements
• Complete Firefighter I within 12 months of joining
• Attend Department sponsored training sessions and meetings
• Participate in the Department-sponsored duty program
So, are you interested in joining the Verona Fire Department?
If so, our membership committee wants to hear from you. You can stop by Station 1 (5555 Volunteer Ave. in Verona), any Monday night, or call the station at your convenience (315) 363-6009, to talk to a member for further guidance to fill out your application.